Certainly, though, I must have a Wish List, right? Turns out that I do, and it's not a particularly long one.
Oh, and I realize that what I'm looking for is pretty common, and found almost daily by most of you. Unfortunately, either I'm just missing these things when I go out, or our thrifts just suck.
1. Pyrex Cracker Barrels! I've found a couple of these in my travels, but they're always either lidless or scratched and dishwashered. Actually, I need two of these. For the actual storage of crackers. Does anyone know if they seal tightly?
2. Pyrex Primary mixing bowls! One day I just up and decided I needed these (I often do that.) I have a red 402 that is completely matte, but the color is still nice and bright. I narrowly missed the 403 and 404 at a Salvation Army a few weeks ago, and just last week I found a 403 but it was so badly dishwashered that you could barely tell it had once been green. I know I could pick up a nice set of these on ebay, but 1) I don't want to pay those prices and 2) I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.
Update: Acquired! I could use a better 402, but I'm happy with what I have.
3. Heavy cast aluminum bowl! I used to see these all the time. I'm looking for an aluminum bowl to keep on the dining room table as a decorative element. I currently have a big Paul Revere bowl, but I hate polishing silver and it tarnishes the second I turn my back on it. P.S. what is it about the Goodwill and silver plate? I keep wanting to explain to them that silver plate has NO value.
Update: Removed from list. Replaced with this, which I actually like better:
4. Presto percolator! I love these Presto appliances with the white handles. I already have one of these percolators, but there's a crack in the handle and I'm afraid it's going to completely come apart and shower me with scalding coffee. This is a truly an excellent coffee maker. It's super speedy, immersible and easy to clean, and makes coffee that's actually hot. I already own the matching Cook 'N Serv electric skillet and the Popcorn Popper.
5. Magnavox 65-02-00 radio! For no other reason than the fact that Rob & Laura Petrie had one in their kitchen. I'm on a quest to acquire as much stuff that Rob & Laura had that I can. Because I'm weird.
6. Homer Laughlin china! Either Turquoise Melody or Romance. For the same reason stated in number 5. I'm still not absolutely sure which pattern Rob & Laura had. Unfortunately, the camera tends to linger on faces rather than props... And it turns out that HL sold blanks of its china to other manufacturers, so there's really no telling what the Petrie's pattern was. Still, I like both of these. Service for 8, please, though I wouldn't turn my nose up at service for 6.
Update: No! It's South Wind!
Thank you Dawn!
7. Tupperware! I'd like to start with a set of vintage Wonderlier bowls--look at those colors!. Once I've got them, we could move into some other Tupperware, like maybe canisters. The only piece I've been able to find with any regularity is the big green Jell-O mold. Every thrift has at least one of those!
Update: I now own a lot of Tupperware--but still no Wonderlier bowls!
That's it, really, at least for the time being. I'm a simple man with simple wants.