Monday, June 17, 2013

Thrifting finds: Fail Version!

Yeah, I got nothin'.

Hubs and I went to all our usual weekend stops.  Hubs got a few things, but I got zip.  Zero.  Nada.  Not even the humblest piece of Tupperware.  And actually, that's okay, given my hoarder tendencies.  I guess I need an occasional week of not bringing anything home.  And look at all the money I saved!

Still, I don't want to disappoint, so I at least took a few pictures of things I didn't get. To wit:



1.  Creepy Granny!  Yeah, Granny here is about 2 feet tall and even creepier when you see her in person.  One wonders where the original owner kept her.  Even her hands were old and wrinkly.  Ew.


2.  Creepy Egg Dude!  This may not look like much in a photograph, but he was absolutely horrifying in person.  And what made it worse was that there was a hanger on his head, meaning he was a Christmas tree ornament.  WTF?  Who would want this on their Christmas tree?


3.  Weird candle holder!  This is another item I texted to The Girl Child.  I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to represent Mayim Bialik during the "Blossom" years.


4.  Singin' Bing Crosby!  Creepy?  Or awesome?  Yeah, it's definitely a little creepy, but that is totally trumped by the huge amount of awesomeness.  I'm kind of regretting not buying him now, though I'm not sure if he worked.


Linking up with the fun at Sir Thrift A LotThe Nifty Thrifty, and The Remnant



8 comments:

  1. I totally would want creepy egg dude on my Xmas tree! If only to wind up the rest of the family. A face only a mother could love. Imagine getting that as a gift...hilarious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I appreciate the fun of winding up the family, you really can't tell how frightening Egg Dude was in person.

      Should our paths cross again, I will buy him and send him to you.

      Delete
  2. All of those are terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the weird thing is that when we go back, these WTF items are always gone!
      Keith and I still bemoan the loss of a monkey dressed in a nurse's uniform that we passed by at least 5 years ago. WHO BOUGHT THAT???

      Delete
    2. What - nobody told me there was a monkey in a nurse's uniform?

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! The egg dude is creeping me out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much creepier in real life. You've no idea.

    ReplyDelete