I want to mention just one of the many lovely gifts i got from the Hubster: a Goodwill gift card! Did you know that some Goodwills do that? I sure didn't! It's not good at all the GWs we go to (they belong to different groups or something), but what a great idea. I was pleased as punch, let me tell you.
But enough blather. We're here to see the goodies I picked up. This is actually more than a week's worth, since I didn't post last week, but I guess that doesn't really matter, does it? On to the goodies!
1. Andy! I had been looking for this album on CD for a while now. I know I could have gotten it from Amazon, but I wanted to find it at a bargain price. Now, I made a deal with myself that I was not going to ever look at the records in the thrifts. If I started that, I'd never get out of there. But there was Andy, right in front, looking at me as I walked past. It was a sign, a sign I tell ya! The cover's a little worn but the LP is just fine. Goodwill, $1.00
2. Richard! Okay, remember what I just said about not looking through the records? Well, I'll admit that I did flip quickly through the bin where Andy was. And just look what I found! This is Doctor Kildare, folks. Singing Hi Lilli, Hi Lo. You can't make that stuff up. Did I need this? No. Could I pass it up? No way! Goodwill, $1.00
3. Ceramic Christmas Tree! I passed up on four of these last year. Stupid. So this year, I vowed to get one. What did I do? I passed up on the first one I saw, then didn't see any more at all before Christmas! What a yutz. After Christmas, I found myself at an antique mall I hardly ever go to and said I'd get one if I found one. There were probably about 6 of them in the mall, this being the only all white one, At prices from the mid $20s all the way up to 80 bucks! I saw this one (20% off sale) and said I'd come back for it after going all through the mall. And so I did. With the discount, it was like 22 bucks, which I didn't think was bad. It sure is colorful, and there are a lot of lights on it, Like 150. The only problem is...
|Click to embiggen|
the lights are actually these stupid little birds! Now I have to find some replacement bulbs. Oh, Amazon has them, but the shipping is outrageous. There's a ceramic studio near me, but they want $.15 each, which would come to like 22 bucks. That's not happening. Well, I certainly have lots of time, so I'm not worried.
4. Sink trays! A purely practical purchase, but I'm happy nevertheless. I already have these in the kitchen and Hubby's bathroom, but I also wanted them for mine. They're pretty expensive at the home stores, so I was quite pleased when I spotted these. Never installed, still mint in the package. And a price I like! They're already installed, too, using the new cordless drill that Hubby gave me for Christmas. Savers, $2.99
5. More blue glass! I picked this up the same morning as the ceramic Christmas tree. I originally wasn't going to get it, since $5.00 is more than I'm generally willing to pay. Then I thought I'd get it for the Hubster, so that made the price okay! Plus, I used the gift card he got me! I kinda wanted to keep it for myself, but I know he likes this color, too. Luckily, he said he wanted it, but that we should keep it at home! So now it's our new candy jar, replacing the one I got at the Dollar Store. Goodwill, $5.00
A. Holy cwap, that's a bigass piece of pork! You're looking at almost 12 pounds of pork loin, folks. For which I paid just over 20 bucks. Our Weis occasionally has a good sale on these (I swear I once got one almost this size for like, 9 bucks), and I couldn't pass this up. We now have two nice roasts, a slew of chops, and some cubes for posole or barbecue taking their rightful place in our freezer.
And that's it for this week. I'm writing this post on my laptop at home, which I find impossible to type on. Consequently, all sorts of odd things have been happening, as I think I keep hitting the touchpad by accident. If this manages to post at all, I'll be surprised!
Best wishes for a healthy, happy New Year (that's full of really cool thrifted finds)!